Sunday, February 28, 2010

February Doll Meet


February Doll Meet, originally uploaded by alington.
We had a lovely and laid back doll meet at my house this month. Of course, I stressed too much about vacuuming the house, but what a great reason to clean up. I'd host again in a heart beat.

The theme was Valentine's dolls--and it was lots of fun. We had a deli-style lunch, and we actually saw some rain. While we were a small group this month, I really enjoyed myself.

I love meeting and talking to other collectors--learning the details on other's collections and experiences is so helpful and interesting. Plus seeing dolls redressed in styles (and in person) is both inspiring, wonderful, and a little dangerous on the budget, as you may be able to tell by my lovely model photo.

Please check out a few more photos in my Flickr photostream. If you can, find a group of collectors who meet locally, and GO. It's really worth it! It will broaden your appreciation of dolls in ways you can't imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!