It's looking promising. And I think I see some items of interest approaching fast this season from Mattel. Let me give you a breakdown (my retail prices my not be entirely accurate--I may need to update them later).
- The two other Christian Louboutin dolls, Dolly Forever (Feb 2010) and Anemone (Summer 2010) have at least wonderful shoes. I actually like Anemone's purple and lime gown, as well. Both retail for $149.99.
- The Mad Hatter doll from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movie is pretty cool. I'm using MFD's photo, since they have a photo of the actual doll. Looks like he retails for $55.95, and will be available in February. I can't wait to see Alice!
- Vintage Wizard of Oz line. These ladies are elegant, serene and lovely. Each doll retails for $45.95, I believe. Glinda includes a crown and a wand, the Wicked Witch has green skin and a broom, and Dorothy is holding a basket and her trademark ruby slippers. (These may be my very first vintage sculpt dolls. They are really adorable!) Delivery scheduled in summer 2010.
- Barbie herself (maybe the Steffie sculpt) makes an appearance as a sassy Dorothy, complete with Toto in a cute, modern patent tote instead of a basket. She looks a little like St. Paulie's girl, but she'll look great with my modern Alice Barbie. Plus, she retails for $34.99, delivery in summer 2010.
- Vintage Reproductions: My Favorite Fashion Queen is due to ship in June 2010, and she retails for $49.99. She includes her gold and white strapless swimsuit and head cover, plus three different wigs.
- My Favorite Barbie American Girl with bendable legs and a cute brunette bob. She's adorable. $49.99 with a shipping date to be announced.
- A wonderful new collection of couture Dolls of the World that I can see coming to live at our house. Big Ben (oh, do I love this girl's face), Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty all with delivery dates to be announced. $39.99 retail.
- Couture Angel, shipping May 2010, $45.99.
- Pop Icon Barbie, $39.99, shipping June 2010.