Friday, November 13, 2009

Philipp Plein Barbie - European Exclusive


She's gorgeous, she's exclusive, and she's designer. But is she worth her $385 retail price? I'll let you decide.

I'll be the first to admit that yes, I have paid that much for a doll before, but no, not for Barbie (or for any vinyl 11.5" doll). However, when you look at her face, and her gorgeous outfit and faceup with applied eyelashes, and consider her platinum label (only 999 were ever made), maybe she'd be worth the price. (Maybe? Or is that just the optimist or the compulsive shopper inside me?)

Her designer gown is truly lovely: elegantly embellished with hundreds of Swarovski crystals. She also includes earrings, a matching wrap and shoes. Plus--her hair. I'm mesmerized by that fantastic updo. --Sigh--

I've found her at retail from Joe's List (he's great to buy from), Marl & B ($.99 over retail, but close enough), and FAO Schwarz (which used to be more fun to shop from when you could earn cash back from Ebates).

Photos courtesy Mattel.

1 comment:

  1. She's pretty, but no, I don't have to have her at that price :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!