Friday, May 14, 2010

Got an extra 1,600 Euros?

According to a short blog post in BoingBoing, there is a hotel in Paris (called the Hotel Plaza Athénée), which has two Barbie-themed rooms. Designed for guests, aged three and over, these rooms are modeled after Barbie's dream house. Including in the 1,600 Euro (per night) cost, a "special girlie gift" is also included, which is apparently "designed by Barbie."

For you fortunate parents, you can have a connecting room for a mere 2,500 Euros per night.

I noticed that there are quite a few strongly negative comments on this post on BoingBoing post. And while I would agree that spending $5,200 per night at a hotel does seem a little pricey (and certainly more than I'd like to spend), I would be the last person to pass judgment on how a wealthy person spends his or her travel money. I still don't understand what the big deal is--I have four children, and I know it's possible to spoil them. But it's also terribly fun to splurge on them occasionally. But it's quite possible I just don't have enough experience as a mother. Or a doll collector.

What's your opinion?

Photo property of the Hotel Plaza Athénée.

2 comments:

  1. If I had that kind of money I would stay in that room myself!!! I'm also 27 -- don't judge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't!v Not at all! I think it's adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!