Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Solo in the Spotlight


Solo in the Spotlight, originally uploaded by alington.
Another eBay find, this is a 1994 repro of Solo in the Spotlight and my second vintage Barbie sculpt doll. I think her face is just wonderful. I also adore her outfit, and the fact that her hair is brunette.

I am not sure that these repros are such a great idea. For one, they have sort of ignited a hidden passion for the original Barbie doll in me that I didn't even know was there. These repros and also seeing original mint Barbie in other collections possibly was an influence. But what a wonderful way to broaden your collection's horizon!

2 comments:

  1. Cute but once you have bought the real thing you cannot go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I have to admit--I think you might be right! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!